ASUS G550JK - Not Booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xtatixc

Prominent
Jul 8, 2017
I have a Asus G550jk laptop that gives a completly black screen on boot. So a few days ago the first problem i noticed was that my usb ports were not working. After shutting down my laptop it couldnt power back on due to the black screen. So i tried taking out my battery and running it on the charger alone. Then i replaced the battery and started it. It proceeded to work for a short time but promptly cut off leading back to the same situation. The same fix hoever didnt work as i have tried multiple times. I also tried reseating the ram and using a separate monitor which didnt work. I have not tried using a different charger as i do not own one. Is it an issue with the motherboard? It seems to be something with the current or static electricity? Any ideas or advice on how to fix it?

Thanks in advance :)

Xtatixc

Prominent
Jul 8, 2017
Yeh its as if the screen is basically off. Didnt try a power drain; but it doesnt work with just the ac adapter and without the battery but i guess i could try it but it barely uses power as only the light for the power is on lol

Status
Not open for further replies.