Asus G551JX or Lenovo Y50-70

Status
Not open for further replies.

djskullgun

Reputable
Mar 3, 2015
So I recently decided to get a laptop for heavy gaming and LAN party's.I was originally getting the Y50-70 but i saw the Asus G551JX for the same price and cannot decide which to get.The place im buying for i did a comparison.Here is a link to the comparison LINK
It says the Asus has an IPS Display which is way better compared to a TN Display on the Lenovo.

Having that decided that Asus display must be better the ram comes in effect.

The Asus has 16GB DDR3 while the Lenovo has 8GB DDR3.Not that i will need more than 8.

Then is the main concert the Graphic card.Having done a comparison on GPU Boss it says the Lenovo Card is better Compared to Asus.The Asus has a gtx950m 2gb DDR3 while the Lenovo has a gtx860m 4gb DDR5 ram.
So i really cant decide what laptop to get with my budget being under 85k Indian Rupee

And Asus is also throwing in a Gaming Bad,Optical Mouse and Gaming Headset

I would still go for the asus even though the lenovo has better specs. Here's why:

First I think the refresh rate of the lenovo is 48 ghz rather than 60. This is not good as you will only get 48fps if you have v sync enabled.

Second, asus has better cooling than the lenovo as far as I know.

Third the asus has an ethernet cable which is handy if you do a lot of online gameplay and want the best transfer rates.

1shado1

Distinguished

I could be mistaken, but I think the 48Hz refresh rate on the Lenovo only applies to the model with the 4K screen.

Either way, I'd probably pick the ASUS, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.