Question Asus G703G laptop is dead after replacing thermal paste ?

May 21, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I have a bit of a dilemma! After removing the Battery, heat sync and fans off an Asus G703G and replacing the Artic Paste the device will no longer power on.

When both chargers are plugged there is even a charge light. The battery and the chargers pass pat testing with flying colours. I have also tested to see if current is passing through the board, which it is. I can see that both power supplies are doing their job and the battery is receiving. I have also checked the top side mosfet's and they all look good. In-between all this I have also disconnected the cmos and memory for 20 minuets which presented no difference.

In the past I had been fooled by a gaming laptop that had the same issue that needed a certain part of the board to be bridged correctly by the housing, as if pressing a button to allow the system to let power through the gates. I have fixed so so many laptops in the past nine years and this one is trolling me.

Any suggestions please fire away!

May 21, 2021
So we noticed the battery has all of a sudden gone cold. We got another battery and this did not power the beast on.

I used standard artic past not artic silver, so no shorts caused there.

I have also check the ram on the under side of the motherboard. Taking in mind I never removed the motherboard when replacing artic past and cleaning fans. Only removed to check RAM.