Question ASUS G703GI 32GB failed RAM reparation

Tom4

Commendable
Apr 26, 2017
Hi guys,

after only 1-year usage of my PC ASUS G703GI which is not under warranty right now, my computer started freeze together with windows “blue screen of death”. After a many of tests and trouble shouting with BIOS reinstall, downgrade/upgrade, win RAM diag. tool/memtest64 with plenty, plenty failures I realized there is definitely failed ****ty RAM. I am not sure which one or both of them, because I have 32GB default edition of PC with dual channel.
Regarding my ASUS ROG G703GI - i7-8750H, 17.3FULL HD, 2000 GB+512 GB, 32GB, Geforce GTX 1080 8GB, Win10

I have questions for my two options:
1. If only one RAM is failed which RAM I should buy to have both of them perfectly matched with same performance?

2. If both of them are failed I am thinking about these:

a. Crucial SO-DIMM 16 GB DDR4 2666 MHz CL19 Dual Ranked x2 to get 32gb
or
b. HyperX SO-DIMM 16 GB DDR4 2933 MHz Impact CL17 Black Series x2 to get 32gb

3. For removing default RAMs I have to take out motherboard, they are inserted in normal slots, but on the other side?

Many thanks for help guys,
I wish you all the best, sincerely Tomas

Well before planning on what to buy, first see if either of the RAM stick sis bad. How to get to the RAM in your model, do a web search to find some things "ASUS ROG G703GI RAM upgrade"

Test the system with one RAM stick at a time and when it crashes. To replace the failed RAM, if possible get the same brand and model as what was in the system. Outside of that, the HyperX you listed has better speeds but really I would get whichever was cheaper of those two.