ASUS G73JH freezing just after boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave.d.mclellan

Commendable
Mar 31, 2018
Hey there,

This has been an on-going issue for me since installing Windows 10 on this machine.

What occurs is that something causes the system to lock up after windows starts.

The event log has this error listed several times in a row prior to the lock up:

"The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52}
and APPID
{4839DDB7-58C2-48F5-8283-E1D1807D0D7D}
to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool."

I tried running through some steps outlne in other posts to manually grant access to this application, but to no avail.

The only thing that temporarily stops the system from freezing for a few days is powering down and removing the battery (cycling all power out). It will then run for a few days/week with frequent sleeps until the issue comes back.

I'm guessing it could have something to do with being powered on for long periods? Power or sleep settings or configuration?

This PC has a brand new SSD running windows, and a secondary WD HDD.

This version of Windows is Enterprise x64. I just did a clean install less than 3 days ago because my file explorer was crashing constantly and thought it might have been related.

Thank you for all the help, and please let me know if I can provide any information from the system.
'

dave.d.mclellan

Commendable
Mar 31, 2018

Ah, the version of windows is, in fact enterprise, but this is a personal PC. So, I am the IT staff.. haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.