Asus G73jh Laptop Packs Core i7, Radeon HD 5870

Status
Not open for further replies.

cctchristensen

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2008
I don't think "infamous" is the correct word to describe the ASUS brand of gaming laptops...Should have used a synonym of famous, not an antonym. Unless you actually mean that ASUS has exceedingly bad laptops. Whatever.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Don't worry, Kevin's just a bad copy paste journalist. The spec photo I found on the engadget article listed connectivity as 802.11N (b/g).

JustinHD81

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
Curnel_D i believe that the CPU speed is fine, for a quad core cpu whilst on the go, when you plug it in, turbo boost will kick in and it will go up to 2.8ghz, which is pretty good really. You're not likely to be gaming on the battery anyway, as battery life would probably be measured in minutes. This sort of thing really shouldn't bother with a battery as no sane person would try to use it for mobile computing, portable computing maybe.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]fulle[/nom]Don't worry, Kevin's just a bad copy paste journalist. The spec photo I found on the engadget article listed connectivity as 802.11N (b/g).[/citation]I call it parrot reporting. They repeat someone else, but they sometimes miss parts.

Engadget reports...
You need to put the link and journalism credits at the end Kevin. People are less likely to read the original article and critique you on your parroting skills.

accolite

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
I'd love to have this
Battery life wouldn't matter to me cuz I leave my laptop plugged in when I play anyway.
Would be nice to have the full blown i7 in laptop form not a mobile version just for easy portability.

UbeRveLT

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
agreed with the article, no ssd? and why only wireless b/g?!?

When has any manufacturer come out with a laptop with the best of all worlds? Its either decent hardware and crap extras, or heaps of great extras and average hardware.

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
[citation][nom]JustinHD81[/nom]Curnel_D i believe that the CPU speed is fine, for a quad core cpu whilst on the go, when you plug it in, turbo boost will kick in and it will go up to 2.8ghz, which is pretty good really. You're not likely to be gaming on the battery anyway, as battery life would probably be measured in minutes. This sort of thing really shouldn't bother with a battery as no sane person would try to use it for mobile computing, portable computing maybe.[/citation]
Ahh, I wasnt aware that the turbo boost binned that high on these chips. But I've only had two chances to actually play with the new i7 mobiles, and both times were rushed because of low stock/backorder time.

walt526

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
Looks assume, but (likely) too rich for my blood. I love my G51J, although heat and battery life are definitely issues. But it was a great value and am quite happy with it. I'm not sure why someone would refer to ASUS gaming laptops as "infamous." I'd definitely buy one again.

G

im waiting for the mobile phenom 2 quad cores then this setup will be all worth it.

G

Cool, beastly laptop.
Things that I would have liked.
Wireless N
SSD
Intel Core i7 920XM would be nice with turbo boost to 3.2GHz

G

This laptop has been available for presale for the past couple weeks. It comes with 8GB (upgradable to 16GB) of RAM. It also comes with two 500GB HDDs which can (obviously) be replaced/upgraded to SSDs via online resellers or on your own. And yes, it has wireless N and a realistic battery life is < 1hr.

Base price is $1645.00, that includes all of the above, the 720QM processor and bluray. They also did some nifty stuff with the cooling system that looks promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS