ASUS G751 Will Not Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaik_

Reputable
Nov 22, 2015
I've had my Asus G751 with a 970m for about 7 months.Everything was working fine until one day I am playing Fallout 4 and the whole thing crashes with a thud like noise which sounds like the HDD reader hit or scratched the HDD disk.

Now my laptop wont turn on. I press the power button, but the power button itself doesn't light up like it usually does, the keyboard back-light doesn't come on, the screen stays dark, I don't think the drives even boot, and the HDD light stays dark. Only the light for the light-bulb figure seems to work. The laptop does charge when plugged in.

I have tried rebooting like 50 times and it doesn't do anything. I think there might be a problem with the HDD but the laptop should still startup which it doesn't do. Currently I'm trying to leave it on and drain its battery to see if that makes the difference. Does anyone have any advice?

Hi,

It may not be the HDD that has a problem if it's not booting up. Do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Do a hard reset first, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then see first if it will boot up.
- If it doesn't work do test the AC adapter first using a multi tester if it's supplying enough voltage to power the laptop or charge it. Better yet you can try another AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if that will work or not.
- Next is to reseat the RAM, take them all off for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are seated properly.
- If all these will not work I would suggest contacting Asus support first for a repair if it's still under the factory warranty.

Shaik_

Reputable
Nov 22, 2015

Im not sure that the ROG g751 has a removable battery, but I will try to reset and follow your instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.