Asus G752VT Gaming Laptop First Look

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat Flynn

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2013
I currently own a Asus G53-SW, and I love what they've done with the new styling. I've been looking around for a new replacement and this one certainly caught my eye. However, the erratic performance may cause me to look at an MSI instead. Hopefully they can work the bugs out!

G

I hope they give buyers the option fer the 6GB version of the 970, even tho it's a 1080p display...

Cranking settings/graphics, etc. and such especially on laptops need all the help they can get.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador

A 970M is about as powerful as a desktop 960. Based on benchmarks I've seen, the 960 only noticeably benefits from more than 2 GB of VRAM in a handful of titles at 1080p. I don't think the 970M is powerful enough to warrant more than 3 GB. Although I suppose it couldn't hurt to have the option.

Luay

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2010
Alexander

How did the fans sound to you during benching? Please do share and compare with the other three laptops.

I'm assuming the Asus would be quieter due to its bulkiness, which I also assume was a conscious decision.

Argent Gold

Reputable
Sep 23, 2015
Alexander

How did the fans sound to you during benching? Please do share and compare with the other three laptops.

I'm assuming the Asus would be quieter due to its bulkiness, which I also assume was a conscious decision.

As you said, the fans are quiet thanks to its bulkiness (attributed by the hefty ventilation.) I will say that the G752VT seemed to be the most silent out of the laptops I've tested so far. I can't really compare it to the laptops MJ and Derek have tested since I haven't had my hands on those laptops myself. Your mileage may vary, though; I think all G752s have the same ventilation, but different internals (like the VL with a 965M or the highest end VY with a 980M and 6820HK) means the heat and noise will be different.

Once our full benchmark suite is complete, we'll probably go back and test noise/thermals on the systems we've worked with before and compare them to the systems under full review in the future.

- Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.