Question Asus gaming laptop recommendation

tyreeseman123

Prominent
Aug 18, 2019
Hi,

Which gaming laptop in the Asus rog line is the best?

I want a 17 inch Asus gaming laptop but not sure which one to go for

I have my eyes currently on the Zephyrus S GX701 and the strix hero 3 and the scar 3

Only thing is i dont understand the difference between strix 3 and hero 3

could someone please tell me/outline me the differences and please please recommend me one of those 3 laptops whats the better of the 3 ORRRRRR? if you have a better gaming laptop then please tell me whats better and please explain why so i can understand.

P.S i already have a gaming desktop but want a gaming laptop aswell so i can game while on the go as i travel a lot but i definetely need a 17 inch laptop.

Many thanks gamers :)

tyreeseman123

Prominent
Aug 18, 2019
Hi,

im not really fussed about thickness or thinness as it will be in my backpack, i just want the best recommendation and explanation of what you gamers think is the best recommendation for me

korv

Notable
Dec 26, 2018
Hi,

im not really fussed about thickness or thinness as it will be in my backpack, i just want the best recommendation and explanation of what you gamers think is the best recommendation for me
Right, i wouldn't go with Zephyrus S GX701 since they have a max-q design (which is a combination of design, thermal and electrical solutions and software that allows for a slim gaming rig that can support a GPU as powerful as a GeForce rtx 2080 GPU).

So, strix hero 3 hero or scar 3 should be fine but both of them only supports up to a rtx 2070 and they have a better processor than Zephyrus S GX701 (up to 8th gen i7 while hero and scar 3 can have up to 9th gen i9 according to asus website). Because of that i've changed my mind. If you're looking for the best performance then go with the Zephyrus S GX701 if not then either hero or scar 3 should be fine.