Asus GeForce 3 trouble!!

G

Hi guys,
Right..here's my situation. I got my Asus V8200 Pure GeForce 3 delivered today, I removed my trusty GeForce 256 DDR, and everything was well - didn't install new drivers - I already had 12.60 dets for my GForce 256, I started up 3dMark 2001, ran benchmark (hopeing for an increase on my very poor 994 3dmarks with my system listed at the end with my GeForce 256 DDR in) but half-way through the nature benchmark, the video locked, needing a hard reboot - next I tried the demo, with sound, same again but I found out that the sound continued normally, leaving me to conclude that only the GeForce 3 had locked. I then increase my AGP aparture size to 128Mb from 64Mb with a noticable performance increase and no lockup..I was happy...until the benchmark result came in - a low 1340 3dmarks!!!! So...in the bios, 4X AGP - enabled | fast write - enabled (enabled already ... I just wanted to check). I installed the asus drivers supplied (10.40 I think) still no performance increase. I increase the AGP parture size to 256Mb to be on the safe side...as I experienced 1 more video lockup at 128Mb. I also installed the asus card control panel, which told me this : Bus Type: 4X (Currently 1X) !!!!!
This is my performance issue I think, checked bios, no avail... still stuck on this one. Anyone got any ideas? please help!
Sorry this is soo long....
~James
System:
1Ghz AMD T-Bird (not oc'ed)
256Mb CAS 2 Crucial PC133
KT7-RAID Abit mobo
Creative Live! value
WinTV Primo FM/TV card
Diamond Supra internal pro 56K

===============

Who *cares* if a 50lb laser guided bomb is accurate to *9* feet

G

Sorry...another problem :((((
I just found out that when my monitor goes into standby mode - my GeForce 3 card temperture sky rockets, it got to 69C (according to my DigiDoc 5 which has a temp sensor attached to the heatsink) before I relised. As soon as I tried to "wake" my computer ... the heat-up stopped and it began to cool, but my monitor stayed black. Please help...I am not soo worried about this than the performance issue but I will return the card if problems persist.

~James

===========

Who *cares* if a 50lb laser guided bomb is accurate to *9* feet

G

I too am having a BUNCH of problems with Asus's version of the drivers for the V8200 Deluxe. I have read two approaches so far (this applies to Win 2K... but I wonder if it applies to others).

In win2k I kept getting a blue screen o death for the file ANVMINI.dll.

1. (didn't work for me in 2K)... Delete all old drivers, set video to VGA, install SP2, install MB drivers (Via 4in1 in my case), install asus 12.60. The error above would show up after the 2nd boot from when the driver completed the installation. This approach, however, did worked for 98 for me... BUT (obviously the SP wasn't done in this case)... I can't seem to mess with video modes in some games with 98. I'm going to try the NVidia drivers instead of Asus with 98.

2. (worked for 2k, but bums me out)... Do all the above but use the NVidia drivers (12.41.. I think). This did work for everything and I was able to mess with video settings in games without a hitch. But I wonder what I'm missin' by not having the other Asus goo loaded.

I just got this yesterday so I'm really not a guru yet. One thing for sure this should be a much easier process than it is. I hope this helps a little. I heard something about a utility called NVClean but haven't found it yet.

My system

Asus A7V MB
256MB Ram
Using the ATA 100 (Promise) only
Asus V8200 Deluxe
Creative Soundblaster Live
and some other junk...

Good luck

they said something alternately controlling the delete....

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Sorry to tell you, but your problem predates the gf3, my wifes athlon 750 with a gf1 sdr gets 2200 in 3dmark2001, my guess would be 4 in 1 or agp miniport drivers not installed.

~Matisaro~
"Friends don't let friends buy Pentiums"
~Tbird1.3@1.55~

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
You could try Detonator Destroyer to remove old nVidia files. This will enable you to do a clean install of which ever detonators you choose. However if you were only getting 994 with a Geforce256 DDR you have other problems. It sounds like you need the AGP driver, part of the Via 4-in-1 drivers. Get the latest <A HREF="http://www.viatech.com/jsp/en/dr/driver.jsp" target="_new">here</A>

You can get Detonator Destroyer at <A HREF="http://www.guru3d.com" target="_new">http://www.guru3d.com</A>

My System

Abit KT7 with Duron 600@1007mhz
Visiontek Geforce256 SDR @150/210
<A HREF="http://gamershq.madonion.com/compare2k1.shtml?1395962" target="_new">3DMark2001 score</A> 2561
<A HREF="http://gamershq.madonion.com/compare.shtml?1933417" target="_new">3DMark2000 score</A> 5672

Gozer

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2001
Hi, first go to Asus website and get the Det 12.9 drivers.
down load them into a folder.
then go to display properties, then advance, then adaptor, then "change" pick "Display a list of all the drivers" now pick "show all hardware" then install "Standard display types-(VGA; then reboot.
then after re-booting go back to adapter and go to "change" then search for new driver and point it to the folder with the 12.9 drivers; then reboot and reset your display resolution to what ever you like.
I use 1280*1024@85MHz

27’’ case-350w+8 fan with thermal control Digital Doctor
AMD 1200c@1.44GHz
Asus A7V133 KT133A
256MB Crucial PC133@144MHz Cas2-2-2
2 Maxtor 40.9=80GB ATA100@7200RPM in RAID-0
Dual-boot Win98/Win2000 PRo
ASUS V8200 Deluxe GeForce3 64MB DDR
21 inch Trinitron
Sound Blaster Platinum 5.1 with remote.
2 full sets of Altec Lansing 495's (2.1) with sub's.
DVD.
CD-writer
@home cable internet and so on...