Asus - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Dual Video Card questions?

zavman2000

Reputable
Feb 3, 2018
Hi I have a Asus - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Dual Video Card
https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Graphics-Cards/DUAL-GTX1060-O6G/HelpDesk_Download/

My question is what monitor will be best for it and please give me a good priced monitor. Also I’m not getting an optical drive. I’m still currently building my pc and I’m just wondering about this question. My other question is that I’m not going to be using the gpu tweak 2 disc so when I’m downloading the driver online do I need to install the latest drivers only or do I need to install all the Files for the drivers. For example for the Ultilies do I need to install the Version 1.6.0.5 2018/01/11 only or do I need to install Version 1.6.0.5
2018/01/11 to Version 1.3.2.2
2016/07/15.

Solution
You only need to install ONE version. Whichever is the latest, AND it is both wise and recommended that you remove all previous graphics drivers and registry settings using the DDU while in safe mode unless you are doing a clean install of the OS in which case simply download and install the latest driver package from the Nvidia website that is compatible with your card.

If you are not doing a clean install of the OS, then a clean install of the GPU card drivers is a very good idea. You should do this in safe mode so that the drivers, supporting files AND registry settings from the previous installation are all removed. If you have EVER had an AMD card installed on this operating system, it is recommended that you ALSO run the DDU a...
You only need to install ONE version. Whichever is the latest, AND it is both wise and recommended that you remove all previous graphics drivers and registry settings using the DDU while in safe mode unless you are doing a clean install of the OS in which case simply download and install the latest driver package from the Nvidia website that is compatible with your card.

If you are not doing a clean install of the OS, then a clean install of the GPU card drivers is a very good idea. You should do this in safe mode so that the drivers, supporting files AND registry settings from the previous installation are all removed. If you have EVER had an AMD card installed on this operating system, it is recommended that you ALSO run the DDU a second time and choose the AMD option in the DDU.

Solution