ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 not working

i_is_ghastlycat

Prominent
Dec 22, 2017
So I built a PC a while back, everything seemed to work smoothly, quite recently found that most of my games no longer run well and Integrated GPU is hogging everything. Updated my drivers, disabled onboard GPU but still doesn't work, ended up acttually blackscreening for a bit because the onboard was disabled and apparently my 1070 wasnt working. Tried resetting, worked ok for the first few hours then after i restarted my PC blackscreened again (i had disabled my intel, and the 1070 seemed fine but the restart killed it), now I can't get my computer to load AT ALL, drivers are up to date and my integrated is disabled. Side note, when it was working my display settings were extended, and i showed only the display that ran my 1070 (it wouldn't work with duplicate screen settings, even tho i only have 1 monitor). Yes, my GPU is plugged into my monitor. I've also seen some posts about how if the GPU is pulsing red at turn on, it may mean that the GPU doesn't have enough power, but I've connected it my motherboard and I'm pretty sure to my PSU. Need help, please ;~;

Specs
i7 7700k CPU
2TB HDD Seagate Barracuda
250GB SSD Samsung 850 Evo
2x8GB ram team t force 3000 mhz DDR4
Cryorig Quad Lumi CPU Cooler
ASUS ROG Strix B250F Motherboard
Acer Predator XB124H Monitor 24 Inch 144hz refresh rate
be quiet! 700 W PSU
Phanteks Eclipse P400S

i_is_ghastlycat

Prominent
Dec 22, 2017
yea sorry about that, should’ve added it. I’ve run the PC and every time the GPU is actually on, lights up and all and the fans USED to turn on when I played games. Now it just shows the lights, and because my actual monitor just black screens I can’t see through Nvidia control panel if it’s running at all or play a game to see if the fans will turn on.

Ramlethal

Estimable

Ok... It looks so bad atm. i quite think your 1070 just simply passed away.
Any chances of RMA it?

Ramlethal

Estimable

It is a very dissapointing scenario cause, the GPU is being powered up but... not responding in any sort of way.
All your components are perfectly compatible and the psu is totally capable of keeping up the gtx 1070 But it dosent actually looks like a standard problem on your 1070. It looks more like a damaged bios chipset or something...