[SOLVED] ASUS GeForce RTX™️ 3070 vs ASUS GeForce RTX™️ 3070 OC Edition

Gregkar

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2013
Hi! can someone explain the difference between these 2?

if i get the non OC version, i won't be able to OC it?

Solution
3070 with 2x8 power connectors? Weren't they supposed to come with a single 8-pin in reference form? If you're going to be using that much power anyway, then get a 3080.

that's typical for board partner for years now. take GTX970 for example. reference board are rated at 165w. AIB cards with OC have head room towards 200-220w. but my MSI 970 Gaming are equipped with 6+8 power connector which can provide up to 300w. for GPU that rated 250w+ it becoming normal to see them to be equipped with 8+8 power connector now. well that is from normal perspective anyway when we consider the PCIE x16 slot can provide up to 75w of power. for AIB there is good reason to give the card "over spec" power supply as well.
The OC version likely has higher factory clock settings. Though for some reason their spec sheet doesn't list a clock speed on the OC version.

It doesn't really matter though. GPUs typically boost well beyond their advertised specs as long as there's sufficient cooling.

3070 with 2x8 power connectors? Weren't they supposed to come with a single 8-pin in reference form? If you're going to be using that much power anyway, then get a 3080.

that's typical for board partner for years now. take GTX970 for example. reference board are rated at 165w. AIB cards with OC have head room towards 200-220w. but my MSI 970 Gaming are equipped with 6+8 power connector which can provide up to 300w. for GPU that rated 250w+ it becoming normal to see them to be equipped with 8+8 power connector now. well that is from normal perspective anyway when we consider the PCIE x16 slot can provide up to 75w of power. for AIB there is good reason to give the card "over spec" power supply as well.

Solution