[SOLVED] ASUS GeForce RTX 2060 ROG Strix - with 1x8 pin only??

Jul 13, 2020
Hi,

Just recently bought a ASUS GeForce RTX 2060 ROG Strix on sale. Under the installation I noticed it only had a single 1x8pin power connector, and my older 2060 (in another pc) had 1x8 + 1x6 pin connector.

After some research I noticed on asus websites 1x8pin on my card, and it had some diffrent fants... (Axial-tech Fan Design)

So maybe this is a newer card than my old one. But still I can't wrap my head around why it only got 1x8 and not 1x8 +1x6 connectors and it's same same gpu but a lil bit diffrent fan blades.

This is the model:

What do you guys think and whats the reason? I sure hope it's not a "cheaper" card with less performance.

Solution
Hi,

Just recently bought a ASUS GeForce RTX 2060 ROG Strix on sale. Under the installation I noticed it only had a single 1x8pin power connector, and my older 2060 (in another pc) had 1x8 + 1x6 pin connector.

After some research I noticed on asus websites 1x8pin on my card, and it had some diffrent fants... (Axial-tech Fan Design)

So maybe this is a newer card than my old one. But still I can't wrap my head around why it only got 1x8 and not 1x8 +1x6 connectors and it's same same gpu but a lil bit diffrent fan blades.

This is the model:

What do you guys think and whats the reason? I sure hope it's not a "cheaper" card with less performance...

poorbugger

Distinguished
Hi,

This is the model:

What do you guys think and whats the reason? I sure hope it's not a "cheaper" card with less performance.
Honestly all these different brands of the same card, their performance is more or less the same. Sure some cards are a bit faster because they're oced right out of the box but if you oc the other cards yourself it will be fast as well. The only difference between these cards are the cooling design. So if your new rtx 2060 thermal performance is good, i wouldnt worry about it too much.

Solution