Question asus gefore 1660 TI with gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L screen no signal after windows loading

Aug 16, 2019
i just bought a new graphic card - asus geforce 1660 Ti 6GB
i have an old plz, but still pretty solid, 16gb ram, gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L , intel duel core e-8500
i thought pci-e X16 should have been enoght.
if i go to safe mode its working,
but after in normal boot its stop giving signal after windows loading animation. just before windows start.
i tried every thing, removing the drivers and installing new drivers , same thing with old drivers,
i am out of ideas..
maybe something with the bois settings?

Do you have the latest BIOS installed on this system ? Though, the last BIOS version date is pretty old for your mobo, dated : 2009/06/19. Is the Monitor's cable properly plugged into the GPU ?

Try to clear and reset the CMOS/BIOS settings to default, and then try again. Did you also plug the PCI-E connectors/cables to the GPU, from your PSU ? is the GPU seated on the motherboard's primary PCI-Express slot ?

Are you booting in UEFI or Legacy mode ?

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2019
yes latest version installed.
the monitor is properly pluged into the gpu
i already clear and reset the cmos. still not helping.
yes i did, i bought a connector that doing the trick, if not then it will not turn on at all .
the gpu is in the main pci-express slot

booting in Legacy mode

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2019
a good real proper 6+2 -PIN PCI-E power cable .
take 2 - 3pin and make them 1 - 8pin
IMG_20190816_214409.jpg
my power supply is thermaltake qc-ok

P.s i am not sure if its boot in UEFI or Legacy mod

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
A potential concern is that sometimes just won't cooperate with newer hardware. Usually a BIOS update can solve that, though I'm not sure that this is the issue for you.

The UEFI vs Legacy mode might be an issue. I had one video card that seemed to only work on my son's PC in Legacy mode, and another that would only work in UEFI mode. Again, I'm not sure, but it couldn't hurt to stick the old video card in, try switching the mode in the BIOS, save, shut down, then put the new card in and see if it cooperates.

Aug 16, 2019
A potential concern is that sometimes just won't cooperate with newer hardware. Usually a BIOS update can solve that, though I'm not sure that this is the issue for you.

The UEFI vs Legacy mode might be an issue. I had one video card that seemed to only work on my son's PC in Legacy mode, and another that would only work in UEFI mode. Again, I'm not sure, but it couldn't hurt to stick the old video card in, try switching the mode in the BIOS, save, shut down, then put the new card in and see if it cooperates.

can i do it in safe mode?

crazypicklerick

Prominent
Jul 9, 2019
if there is a csm settings in bios set it to uefi only
try if u have an additional monitor try using it with default monitor and see if u can see multiple displays in nvidia control panel
if using igpu try same settings in display properties on win 10 settings
if yes activate all monitors

Aug 16, 2019
Which connector is this ? A MOLEX adapter cable, or a proper 6+2 -PIN PCI-E power cable ? What's the make/model of your power supply unit ?
if there is a csm settings in bios set it to uefi only
try if u have an additional monitor try using it with default monitor and see if u can see multiple displays in nvidia control panel
if using igpu try same settings in display properties on win 10 settings
if yes activate all monitors

i cant go into nvidia control panel in safe mode...

i switch to another monitor, its same problam.