'Asus gives no support/advice regarding upgrading/modding Asus product'. How do I find out if my new wifi card will work?

Mar 21, 2018
I asked Asus directly if Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260HMW WiFi+Bluetooth 4.0 PCIe would be able to replace the default wifi card RTL8723BE. However, they responded that they had no information about whether it would work, and that they don't assist in providing support or advice regarding upgrading or modifying any Asus product. How do I find out if it will work on my laptop?

My laptop is Asus R541UA-DM187T.

Solution
Acer, Asus, and MSI don’t use whitelists on their laptops so it should be treated as any other mini-PCIe device, just as if you had plugged a PCIe card into a desktop. Install the drivers and it should be good to go.
looked over both cards, remove drivers of the old card in "device manager" then shut laptop down. then swap cards out and windows should (unless your running windows 7) recognize the Intel card, you may need Bluetooth drivers mind you, this new card should replace your old one without a problem. I have swapped a ton of cards., as long as its the same size (and it your case it looks like it is) it should not be an issue.

I hate Realtek mini's their drivers are junk