Question ASUS GL704GV misses 2.5 HDD cable

Jun 27, 2019
Hi everyone,

I just received the laptop ASUS SCAR II GL704GV from the seller yesterday. I open up the laptop to install an additional HDD as it said there is a slot available for one. However I don't see any cable to connect the HDD to the motherboard. When I look up on the internet, everyone else's laptop seems to have one. There could be something fishy with the seller I assume, but what I need is a solution for this at the moment. Can I actually buy a separate cable to connect it? If its possible what kind of cable should I look up?

A photo of the HDD slot: View: https://imgur.com/uprV5xZ

Thanks everyone!

As the laptop has an M.2 SSD. It could be that when the laptop ships with an SSD only. It doesn't include the SATA connectors. Many don't. It saves the manufacturer money.

It could also be they upgraded a hard drive to SSD and didn't bother to put the SATA connector back.

Jun 27, 2019
As the laptop has an M.2 SSD. It could be that when the laptop ships with an SSD only. It doesn't include the SATA connectors. Many don't. It saves the manufacturer money.

It could also be they upgraded a hard drive to SSD and didn't bother to put the SATA connector back.

That could be a reason. So what Im looking for now should be a SATA connector isn't it? Is there any way to know which specific connector? There seems to be many when I search and its kinda confusing.