[SOLVED] Asus GN246HL

Mar 9, 2020
Hello guys, i just bought an Asus GN246HL 24" 144Hz and i want to conect it to my Laptop (Dell G7, 2060 GTX). I have a DVI-D Dual Link cable to mini display port. The problem is i can't change the refresh rate to 144, the only option that i have is 60Hz in nvidia control panel and Monitor Settings to. I resinstalled all the drivers, i installed the monitor driver still doesn't work. Any ideas that can help me? The cable is new, can be the cable? Should i try DVI to Thunderbolt3 ?

Solution
You can't get 144 on that monitor without an expensive active adapter (usually between 50 and 100USD) making that monitor really not the best deal anymore. It also doesnt have the best picture being a TN panel monitor. I would return it and look for something that can get 144hz with DP.

The AOC C24G1, Sceptre C248B-144RN and Viotek GN24CB are very popular, and are around 150 USD. All use displayport to achieve 144hz I beleive.
You can't get 144 on that monitor without an expensive active adapter (usually between 50 and 100USD) making that monitor really not the best deal anymore. It also doesnt have the best picture being a TN panel monitor. I would return it and look for something that can get 144hz with DP.

The AOC C24G1, Sceptre C248B-144RN and Viotek GN24CB are very popular, and are around 150 USD. All use displayport to achieve 144hz I beleive.

Solution
I can't afford another monitor right now, can you please me with a link for an adaptor that can work?

Can you return it? Because as I said youll be spending another 50-100 USD on an adapter in order to get 144hz which IMO isnt worth it for that monitor

However if you want I know this is one of the few that actually work https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A493CNY/

You can look around for cheaper or used ones, but be care many labeled as "active" aren't truly active. The ones you need will have a USB cord as well to provide power to the circuitry in the adapter.

TRENDING THREADS