Asus graphics - Hardware or software problem?

azuk42

Reputable
Oct 15, 2014
I don't understand why this isn't working? Also I use windows 7 32-bit

My processor (intel i5-4570) has built in graphics that I used for a while when my GPU was still being delivered. my PC ran fine, I installed all the important things such as chrome and steam.

When my GPU, a Asus Radeon R7 250X 2GB GDDR5, arrived pugged it in normally and then started my pc. The graphics where awful but I presumed this was because I hadn't got my drivers installed yet. The card came with a set up disk so I put that in and started the set up. This was an AMD thing where it scans for your graphics device and then installs the drivers that are required to run the card fully. After doing this it tells you to restart the computer so I clicked restart now.

It got to the starting windows bit of the boot up finished the little animation where it creates the windows symbol and the the screen was black. Nothing happened, I waited for 40 seconds to make sure it wasn't just being slow. I tried booting up a number of times waiting for longer each time - nothing happened. I un-installed all of my drivers for the card and unplugged it. Back on the processor graphics it works fine once again all except I can't play games because the built in graphics are not good enough for that.

Does anyone know what this problem is and how I can fix it?

Many thanks in advance azuk42

Download Display driver uninstaller:

http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/

AND

Catalyst control center 14.9:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows%208.1%20-%2064#amd-catalyst-packages

Run DDU and select the AMD option. Express uninstall ALL AMD drivers and allow the safe mode reboot. After it completes, reboot and run the CCC 14.9 package. It should clear things up. You may have to right click on the desktop and manually set your resolution depending on your monitor, afterwards.

Also, make sure any software you install that has an option for 32 or 64 bit is the 32 bit version. 32 bit software will run on 64 bit systems but not the other way around.

TRENDING THREADS