[SOLVED] Asus GTX 1660 ti OC - temperature and OC

Mahisse

Distinguished
Hi everyone.
I've recently purchased the Asus GTX 1660 ti OC edition and so far I'm pretty happy with it's performance. My case isn't the biggest and the motherboard is an mATX so there is not much room in the case. I did put an extra fan on the case to improve airflow.
I'm currently hitting max 82 degrees with this new card and I'm not sure if I think that's a bit too high for my taste. I would prefer to have it somewhere below 80 degrees as max temperature. Do you guys think 82 degrees is acceptable for this card?

Also about Asus GPU Tweak II software. I'm actually a bit confused about this OC card edition because am I supposed to hit the "OC" button in the GPU Tweak software before the card runs in overclocked mode? Since it's a "OC" edition I would think the "gaming/default" setting already includes the factories' overclocked settings... But I'm actually not sure on this?

Can anyone share their knowledge about this?

Solution
Your temps at 80-82 wouldn't be out of the realms of normality, depending on what game you are playing and if it's GPU intensive. I tend to sit about 65-70 max playing something like BF V for 2-3 hours. You can take a look at amending the fan curve, via GPU tweak or MSi afterburner to manage the temps a little better. I'd defo say the airflow in the case is contributing. So I wouldn't worry about it too much. Tiy can always get a bigger case.

OC Scanner, is a useful too. I've done many a manual OC on GPU's over the years, and OC scanner produced solid results.

You don't need to do anything with your GPU before trying it. Just click the button and sit back. The algorithm simply checks your clockspeed, versus voltage, v heat and works...
Your temps at 80-82 wouldn't be out of the realms of normality, depending on what game you are playing and if it's GPU intensive. I tend to sit about 65-70 max playing something like BF V for 2-3 hours. You can take a look at amending the fan curve, via GPU tweak or MSi afterburner to manage the temps a little better. I'd defo say the airflow in the case is contributing. So I wouldn't worry about it too much. Tiy can always get a bigger case.

OC Scanner, is a useful too. I've done many a manual OC on GPU's over the years, and OC scanner produced solid results.

You don't need to do anything with your GPU before trying it. Just click the button and sit back. The algorithm simply checks your clockspeed, versus voltage, v heat and works out the best settings. It tests along the way with Kombuster. I've found that the OC with the scanner, is slightly higher than my own manual OC. Worth a try, even if you have an OC/SC/SSC card version.

Solution