Asus GTX 560 might have died

Jonkelis357

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013
So I didn't knoe exactly where to post it so I'l post it here aswell.So as the title says i believe my graphics card had finaly died. I have been doing intense gaming with the card in the past years since 2011. But today I was casualy sitting in facebook, the only programs I had on were Steam and Chrome and the whole screen just became pixelated. The only thing I could do was restart my pc and even the startup screen was pixelated, so is Safe mode. Im sure its not a overheat problem for it was right after a match of Cs but the PC temps were at 68 which is normal for my pc.
20141223_121154.jpg

20141223_120945.jpg

APassingMe

Reputable
Aug 25, 2014
Try booting from a USB drive, that should eliminate driver and hdd corruption issues. Beyond that your most likely options are GPU or PSU, it's likely that it is the GPU as you suspect but I would advise trying to do some more elimination before running on that unless you have a easy return option.

If you're buying online and have a free return option, I would go ahead and order the GPU now and do some troubleshooting while you're waiting on delivery.

Jonkelis357

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013

I was able to start up the pc and I am able to use it. I started a game and it pixelated and crashed 1min in. I restarted again and when it finaly launched it crashed while I was simply in youtube. So it seems like it crashes when I put some presure on the GPU