Asus GTX 770 SLI Extreme heat

smurflin96

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Hello entusiasts,

I have two 770 cars in SLI and i have for a long time wondered why they generate so much heat. When running FurMark i get a temperature of 95 degrees on Card 2, while Card 1 stays about 20degrees below. I have tried everything when it comes to fans, but it doesent seem to work. Ive got 2 intake in front, H100i as intake in top and exhaust at back. The case i have is CM 690III , but my Corsair 550D is on the way, and hopefully fixes the heat-problem. Is there anyone who has the similar setup who can share their temperatures?

If not, could someone help me diagnose what could be wrong?

Thank you ,

Solution
this is just the problem with sli. i'm going to guess it is the top card that is hotter (heat rises) to eliminate this problem you basically need an intake that is on the case side panel blowing between the cards (this is possible with some cases)
also if you can, put an intake on the bottom blowing up, this will help greatly

also your h100 will have to be an exhaust in sli otherwise you will just suffocate the case and your gpu's, also keep back fan as exhaust
this is just the problem with sli. i'm going to guess it is the top card that is hotter (heat rises) to eliminate this problem you basically need an intake that is on the case side panel blowing between the cards (this is possible with some cases)
also if you can, put an intake on the bottom blowing up, this will help greatly

also your h100 will have to be an exhaust in sli otherwise you will just suffocate the case and your gpu's, also keep back fan as exhaust

Solution

smurflin96

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013

Thats a good idea! Ill try to do that now and see if anything changes.

The case ive ordered (550D) does have mounting for 2 120/140 on the side, so that will probably solve the problem.