Asus gtx 950 on my PSU

richardavid

Commendable
Apr 22, 2016
I'm going to buy an Asus gtx 950 lp edition (75w),will my PSU be able to power it?
Mly specs-
Pentium dual core e5700
6gb ram
Frontech jil 2414i 450w PSU (19 amps on +12v rail)

Solution
Yeah go ahead and try it. I would.
If needed you can get something like this....
http://www.primeabgb.com/online-price-reviews-india/antec-basiq-bp350ps-350w-power-supply/

Mark RM

Admirable
Being that the power requirements of the 950 are so low .. probably. The real issue is that's a really low end PSU and will it actually deliver the amps it says it will on the 12v rail for any length of time... unlikely. Possible though. A super cheap Anteq or similiar would serve you well.

Mark RM

Admirable
It won't be damaged by a lack of power, it would just be damaged if the power were unstable or had unusual spikes. What country are in you? A typical low wattage but solid PSU can be had for 20-30 dollars shipped in the US. A core duo with a 950 would run fine on a good brand name low wattage PSU from a reputable manufacturer. 400 W max is all you need, even an Anteq Basic at 350 W would be fine because it's still more than you would draw by a decent margin.

Bobbytr

Commendable
Jun 15, 2016

It may well do the job, but the PSU is very inefficient and a better PSU would be advisable. The corsair cx430 is 11 dollars USD more, with 20 less watts and an 80+ bronze cert. It is still non-modular. for a semi-modular PSU, the cx430m is another 11 USD more (22 USD more than the VS450) and is great as well, and is defiantly good enough

Mark RM

Admirable

Small amounts of 12V power are delivered to the fans and drives as well. It's fairly negligible unless you have a LOT of them.

Yes it would. A decent 450W PSU is fine for your needs. I know you don't have access to every different PSU brand under the sun where you are living but I notice Antec has a heavy presence there with warranty centers etc.. I'd tend to try and stick with something I could get serviced or replaced under warranty easily where I live.

TRENDING THREADS