Asus gtx 970 - Black screen after working for weeks?

cacisme

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014
Hi guys,

I've had the Asus Strix GTX 970 for about a month now and it was working fine until i tried to turn on my computer this morning. The computer was running, however both of my monitors (although turned on remained black), my mouse and my keyboard did not work. One of my monitors gave a "no signal" error message while the other remained black.

I pulled the computer apart, removed ram, HDD cables, etc. and re-tried but the results are the same.

I have an old GPU that I upgraded from, Asus HD 7770 and this one is working fine with all of the same components and boots right up with the PC. I've tried rebooting with the GTX 970 and I still have the same problem where no components work.

Any ideas? I was told to buy a new PSU and see if that's the problem, but I used the paperclip method with the PSU as well earlier in when testing everything and the fans booted up just fine.

Computer Specs:
Intel 3570k
MSI Z77A-G43
8gb (4gbx2) Vengeance Ram
Corsair TX550M PSU
Windows 8.1
Asus Strix GTX 970 (currently asus HD 7770 since 970 suddenly stopped working)
**Nothing is overclocked**

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you!

Solution
There may be a problem with your 970, it is possibly a burn connector try using after-market adapters or an other connector (I mean the port that connects the card to the monitor like VGA,DVI,HDMI) If none of these work you may have to claim warranty (you have warranty,right?) or replace the card. Just a question, do you hear your 970 fans while booting.

datRobot

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014
There may be a problem with your 970, it is possibly a burn connector try using after-market adapters or an other connector (I mean the port that connects the card to the monitor like VGA,DVI,HDMI) If none of these work you may have to claim warranty (you have warranty,right?) or replace the card. Just a question, do you hear your 970 fans while booting.

Solution

cacisme

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014

cacisme

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014
Hi datRobot,

Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately I've tried both HDMI and both dvi ports but no luck.

1 fan is on when I boot the PC, however none of my peripherals work including components like the mouse and keyboard. I messed with it for awhile but the 2nd fan never came on.

Not sure about warranty tbh, I purchased from ncix.us so I'm going to see what they can do unless I need to go through asus :(

Thanks!

therandomguy00

Reputable
Nov 16, 2014
hello. can amd radeon hd 7770 Crossfire (two gpus) run Assassin's creed Unity and the new games at ultra? :p so far i can play assassins creed unity on medium graphics without problems, and on high graphics with damn much lag xD