Asus GTX 970 - Screen, horizontal lines 'flickering' while playing games, 'Solutions'

Sky74

Commendable
Feb 20, 2016
I had an issue with horizontal line flicker while playing some graphically intensive games with the Asus GTX 970 card. Before I tried any in-depth trouble shooting and making drastic changes to my system, I played with the settings in each game. I solved the problem with all my games by enabling vsync in the NVIDIA control panel, and in the games I was having issues, I adjusted the anti-aliasing and enabled vsync and triple buffering in games that offered those options. I hope this helps anyone before they start replacing monitors, adapters, re-installing drivers etc.

I only had the 'flickering' issues when I launched various games. I know this wont help many, but for those it does, it beats wasting time and money, trying to brute force a solution.

*Update 3/20/16*
I purchased a DVI-D cable. I wasn't happy having to throttle down my video settings to use the vga (analog) cable the monitor came with, which also required an adaptor. I am now able to use my video card at max settings with no noticeable 'flickering or tearing' in any of my games.

DustinV

Honorable
Yeah i had same problem when i was using a monitor temporarily while i got another one, i didnt even realize it was a vga cable lol
High end cards arnt meant for analog (thats why they dont have a vga plug in)

Got a dvi-d cable and all my problems went away :)