asus gtx titan black vs evga gtx titan black

Solution
Ok, OP is considering both reference cards. Both have same base clock i.e 889MHz with boost clock of 980MHz. Both have the same price. Both have blower type coolers. In this case, stick with EVGA one for sure.

Good luck.
Asus model has base clock of 889MHz with boost clock of 980MHz. EVGA (SC) one has base clock of 967MHz with boost clock of 1072MHz. From this comparison your option is EVGA one. However, Price is very important here as well. You can overclock these cards.

tingety

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
If it's EVGA's SuperClocked Edition, then you may as well get the EVGA one. As the ASUS one is standard.

EVGA will generally have better customer service in my experience and have a faster clock speed for some programs that would need it.
Though gaming performance between the 2 are almost negligable. Maybe .5 of a frame difference haha

There is another point here. If Asus's card is non-reference i.e it comes with Direct CU II, then grab Asus card for more overclocking room with quietness levels which EVGA cards lack. I'm a brand loyal customer of EVGA but I've to admit that Asus cards run more cooler and performs well.

tingety

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
I agree with @EasyLover.

If it's DirectCUII cooling and not reference. Always pick the DCUII cooler. It's a lot better with temps. Especially if you're running demanding programs or games.

Matsku man

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014

There is no dc11 version of the titan black.

Why are you going with a Titan black now? It doesn't make sense now that the GTX 980 has launched.
It's faster, much cheaper(half the price), and has not much less memory, is more power efficient, and is newer.
Unless you're willing to spend $550 for 2GB of RAM, it just doesn't make any sense to go for Titan Black.

Yes, you are right. There is infact no third party cooler for Titan GPUs as nVIDIA has imposed restriction on using non-reference coolers on Titan series GPUs. But Gigabyte has come with a idea of shipping a non reference cooler along with the Titan card (with reference cooler) and let the customer install the non reference cooler on Titan.

Agreed here. Btw Why Titan at all!