ASUS GTX1060 Graphics Card Issues

angryenglishman

Prominent
Sep 23, 2017
Lately, I've been having an issue with my GPU. It is an ASUS GTX1060 Dual 6GB model that came factory overclocked. Recently, a lot of my games started to crash after having some graphics artifacts appear on screen. It happened enough that I started to scour the internet for a solution. It got to a point where I found a thread that said the PSU was the issue, not the GPU, so I decided to invest in a higher wattage GPU to find that performance in most of my games had dramatically increased, but after a while, the graphics artifacts would appear, and the game would crash. I then began to wonder if it was an issue with clock speed. I booted up GPU Tweak II and began to fiddle with settings (after researching on what numbers to use and where to put them) only to find that every time I hit the 'Apply' button, the settings would return to default. In summary, my games are crashing after experiencing graphics glitches, and I cannot adjust clock speeds for the GPU.

My specs are:
i5-6600K (not overclocked... yet)
GTX1060 6GB OC
16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
RM1000x PSU (how to ramp up the electricity bill)

Solution
I would remove your drivers and Reinstall them and see if everything starts working again.

Also the RM1000 isn't really needed for you're rig, a 500watt decent PSU would run you're rig with an overclock with ease, though the RM1000 is a nice unit, it wont drive you're electric bill up, it will only use what the system needs.
I would remove your drivers and Reinstall them and see if everything starts working again.

Also the RM1000 isn't really needed for you're rig, a 500watt decent PSU would run you're rig with an overclock with ease, though the RM1000 is a nice unit, it wont drive you're electric bill up, it will only use what the system needs.

Solution