Asus GTX670 TOP issues?

malbluff

Honorable
I have been thinking of using the Asus GTX670 TOP edition, in my new build. In last couple of days, have noticed comments about "stability issues", with these, and there seems to be zero stock, everywhere. Are there any real issues, or is it just a couple of unlucky "punters"?

I haven't run across any stability issues in my browsing of the forum.

I have had a positive experience with returning a defective Asus card before. Very easy, and I got a brand new in the box replacement in a few days.

malbluff

Honorable

Yes, I would have thought if there were REAL issues, there would be a flurry of comments, here, or on Asus forum. It's just, when checking various sites, for availability, came across a few recent comments, about stability, and a supposed "dip" in Asus' RMA performance. Even if not "representative", tends to "sow the seeds of doubt"

shep66

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009

You've probably sorted out your problem by now but there definitely is/was problems with these factory OC'ed cards (i.e. they're unstable under boost). I've read a lot of posts going back to early 2012 and found that Asus released a VBIOS update in June 2012. This stopped the crashing & red screen issues (BF3 seems a popular victim) for other people but I'm having a nightmare. I have 2 x Asus GTX670 TOP in SLI and have downloaded the VBIOS update from Asus.com but it won't work. I double-click the exe file and press 'Run' but a dialog box pops up saying:

"Your graphic card of current system don't match this VBIOS" (The bad grammar is from Asus.)

I know I've downloaded the correct BIOS, so what's going wrong? All I want is to be able to play BF3 on both cards. Has anyone else tried to update their VBIOS and got the same error?