Question asus gtx770 dead?

tushardehra

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2012
Looks like some VRAM corruption issue to me. The GPU might be dead, though to fully confirm this, test the card on some OTHER PC as well. What's the Make/model of your PSU ? Those artifacts could be a sign of a failing GPU.

How OLD is the card ?,
hi gpu bought in 2013 psu is seasonic x650 gold also 2013 now without gpu pc works fine with on board display

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
Well you're really better off buying a new power supply, you've had that power supply from 2013, it's been 6 years.
And if you are not sure about if your motherboard supports it or not, list your entire pc specs so members could help you.

bignastyid

Titan
Well you're really better off buying a new power supply, you've had that power supply from 2013, it's been 6 years.
And if you are not sure about if your motherboard supports it or not, list your entire pc specs so members could help you.
Those x series Seasonics have a 7 year warranty so why replace a good PSU that uses top tier parts and is also still in warranty and unlikely the problem.

i have reinstalled windows 10 without nvidia driver my gtx 770 works fine but with driver shows artifacts and hangs pc

Unfortunately it looks like your GPU is failing and will require replacement.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.

TRENDING THREADS