Question Asus H110M-C motherboard won't POST ?

mmcclaf

Commendable
Mar 24, 2020
I have this lovely Asus H110M-C motherboard that I'm trying to get going. I have one stick of CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Corsair DDR4 RAM (i.e. compatible RAM), plugged in, the power supply plugged into both the 8 pin and ATX slots, vga cable hooked up, CPU (Intel Core i7-6700K) plugged in as well. It will turn on, but not POST. I have this down to the bare bones just to get it to POST. Any troubleshooting steps I should look at?

Last edited by a moderator:

shengton

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2008
I have this lovely Asus H110M-C motherboard that I'm trying to get going. I have one stick of CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Corsair DDR4 RAM (i.e. compatible RAM), plugged in, the power supply plugged into both the 8 pin and ATX slots, vga cable hooked up, CPU (Intel Core i7-6700K) plugged in as well. It will turn on, but not POST. I have this down to the bare bones just to get it to POST. Any troubleshooting steps I should look at?
There are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot this issue:
  1. Make sure that the RAM is properly seated in the RAM slots. Sometimes the RAM can become loose or not fully seated, which can cause issues with the system booting up.
  2. Check that the CPU is properly installed in the socket and that the heatsink is properly secured to the CPU.
  3. Check the power supply to ensure that it is working properly and providing enough power to the system. You can do this by testing the power supply with a multimeter or by replacing it with a known working power supply.
  4. Check the motherboard for any visible damage or loose connections.
  5. Reset the BIOS by removing the CMOS battery and then reinserting it after a few minutes.
  6. Try booting the system with only the minimum required hardware (motherboard, CPU, RAM, and power supply) to see if the issue is being caused by one of the other components.
  7. Make sure that the motherboard BIOS is up to date. You can check the manufacturer's website for the latest version and instructions on how to update it.
If none of these steps resolve the issue, it's possible that the motherboard or CPU may be damaged and may need to be replaced.

Reactions: mmcclaf