[SOLVED] ASUS H170 PRO GAMING without RGB HEADERS.

Jul 9, 2019
I want to buy Cougar Vortex 3in1 pack with node lightning pro, but my motherboard dont have rgb headers. It only has fan headers.

If I buy this rgb fan, this rgb fans will work? Or not? If I want it to work, what do I need to do?

Solution
I am concerned that you say, "Cougar Vortex 3in1 pack with node lightning pro". Cougar does sell their Vortex fans (several versions thereof) in three-packs with RGB lighting controllers included, but their name for those included controller boxes is not "node lightning pro". That name is used by Corsair. So, IF you really are talking about using the controller system included with a Vortex 3-pack, then the answer is YES, it will work. That system consists of a controller box you mount in your case to connect the fans' RGB cables to, and a hand-held remote control box. The fans each have TWO cables from them. One ends in a standard female 4-pin fan connector that goes to a mobo fan header, and the other is the RGB lighting cable that...

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
I am concerned that you say, "Cougar Vortex 3in1 pack with node lightning pro". Cougar does sell their Vortex fans (several versions thereof) in three-packs with RGB lighting controllers included, but their name for those included controller boxes is not "node lightning pro". That name is used by Corsair. So, IF you really are talking about using the controller system included with a Vortex 3-pack, then the answer is YES, it will work. That system consists of a controller box you mount in your case to connect the fans' RGB cables to, and a hand-held remote control box. The fans each have TWO cables from them. One ends in a standard female 4-pin fan connector that goes to a mobo fan header, and the other is the RGB lighting cable that plugs into the included RGB controller box, which also has a power cable that connects to a PSU output for power. Then you use the remote control box to manually set all your lighting effects.

This system is designed to provide a variety of lighting effects with NO need for any RGB connection to a mobo - exactly what you need. The controller box CAN be connected to a mobo ARGB header IF you have one and let the mobo's RGB utility software control the lighting. But that's only an OPTION that you do not need and cannot use.

Solution