Asus H270F motherboard won't boot

mikem2011

Prominent
Jun 7, 2017
Hello,

Was wondering if anyone here could tell me if I'm doing anything wrong. I just bought an Asus H270F motherboard, set everything up and nothing will turn on whatsoever. The glowing LEDs work when I connect it to the power supply and turn that on, however upon turning on the PC nothing happens except I hear it trying to turn on, as the lights in room dim, etc. I've taken the board out three times, re-seated the cables, etc and that hasn't worked. Both the 24 and 8 pin PSU cables are seated properly. It's using an LGA 1151 CPU, which is secured. So I'm out of options, anyone have any idea what I may be doing wrong or could it be a DOA motherboard (I've never had this problem with Asus before though)?

Update: The power supply (550W) is fine, as I've connected it to my old build and all is well.

Solution
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them as:
CPU:
Motherboard: Asus Strix H270F
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

You might also want to inspect that the CPU socket isn't damaged or has bent pins. Novices often do this mistake but it wont hurt to doublecheck if you didn't.

I've included a link to a tutorial on how to build a system, just in case.

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them as:
CPU:
Motherboard: Asus Strix H270F
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

You might also want to inspect that the CPU socket isn't damaged or has bent pins. Novices often do this mistake but it wont hurt to doublecheck if you didn't.

I've included a link to a tutorial on how to build a system, just in case.

Solution
Nov 16, 2019
Hello,

Was wondering if anyone here could tell me if I'm doing anything wrong. I just bought an Asus H270F motherboard, set everything up and nothing will turn on whatsoever. The glowing LEDs work when I connect it to the power supply and turn that on, however upon turning on the PC nothing happens except I hear it trying to turn on, as the lights in room dim, etc. I've taken the board out three times, re-seated the cables, etc and that hasn't worked. Both the 24 and 8 pin PSU cables are seated properly. It's using an LGA 1151 CPU, which is secured. So I'm out of options, anyone have any idea what I may be doing wrong or could it be a DOA motherboard (I've never had this problem with Asus before though)?

Update: The power supply (550W) is fine, as I've connected it to my old build and all is well.

the same problem, have you found a solution ?

TRENDING THREADS