Asus h61 board bios option on boot

Legendary_2

Prominent
Aug 9, 2017
Hi today I started my computer and I was asked to select a proper bios agent these were the options:
Realtek bios agent
Asus
and there were two other I don't remember them I selected realtek one
did I select the right one ??
when I go to the bios option now by pressing shift F12 it goes to realtek bios and there is nothing much there just 4 options !!! what to do what is the best boot agent for my case ???

sounds like your cmos battery went dead and lost the bios setting. you should hit del or f2 to go into asus bios. when inside see if the date and time are fine or are off. if the date and time are off it time for a new battery. after you replace the battery if needed you have to reset the bios to default.

It doesn't suddenly die, it's just a regular non-rechargeable battery with a finite lifespan. It provides power to maintain the "memory" of the BIOS user-configured settings. It can't supply that power forever.

Just like a battery-powered watch, when the battery dies you have to replace it.

It's not a serious issue at all.

Legendary_2

Prominent
Aug 9, 2017

The date and time were fine
Also when I bootee into asus bios the screen becomes glitchy for a second I mean green pixeled line comes up for like 2 sec

Legendary_2

Prominent
Aug 9, 2017

But tge date and time are ok
How do I know its the cmos issue

just replace the cmos battery CR-2032
https://www.asus.com/us/support/faq/1005740/

after you installed the new one, enter BIOS and select the correct boot priority

realtek would boot via network, so if you don´t know or use it, don´t choose this as 1st boot option.

Choose your hard drive, where windows is installed as 1st boot device