ASUS H97 Computer Freezes

Michimosh

Reputable
Nov 8, 2014
Hey all
bought a new Pc with ASUS H97 motherboard. At first i installed win7 32 bit. after installation, i installed all the drivers with the asus dvd provided. when i rebooted, the windows freezes with "can't find target .ini: d:/drivers/raid/install/driver/asussetup32.ini." and nothing works.
i followed some forum advices and made a new cd with that specific file on it, and i get the same message- no change.
then i tried re-installing a new version of windows- 64bit. when the dvd starts, it loads the windows files, and when the windows setup screen loads (i.e., selecting the language) computer freezes again.
I tried to reboot using the old windows (32bit) dvd, and there was an error message somethin was wrong with windows and that i should try to repair. however the repair window doesn't come up and the only tool available is the windows memory diagnostic. i ran it and it found nothing.
I'm stuck.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Michae

Solution
I would start by checking the bios to insure that you are not using a UEFI boot device choice, and set the SATA mode to AHCI. Then try booting from the Win 7 x64 disk and as a first step select custom and delete all existing partitions on the drive, then install to the single unpartitioned space that remains.

Then *download* the latest x64 drivers from ASUS (don't use the older ones on the disk that comes with it) and install them, then do your Windows updates.

I assume that your installer disk is an SP1 version?

RealBeast

Titan
I would start by checking the bios to insure that you are not using a UEFI boot device choice, and set the SATA mode to AHCI. Then try booting from the Win 7 x64 disk and as a first step select custom and delete all existing partitions on the drive, then install to the single unpartitioned space that remains.

Then *download* the latest x64 drivers from ASUS (don't use the older ones on the disk that comes with it) and install them, then do your Windows updates.

I assume that your installer disk is an SP1 version?

Solution

Michimosh

Reputable
Nov 8, 2014
Hey real beast. Yes, it's a sp1 version.
Anyway, what I did was to re insert the win32 install cd, and repair. To do that I used an old ps/2 io mouse and kb. Theb I could repair ( turns out the pc didnt freeze, only had no io bcoz of the usb)
after that I simply re installed the win64 from scratch (like you said) and now it all works.
Thanks !