Asus Hyper Kit Expansion MINI SAS Adapter

opentoe

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2004
Where do you get the SAS cable for this adapter? Does it come with the Hyper Kit or Intel 750 SAS drive? When I view the picture on Newegg.com looks like the adapter doesn't come with the cable. And when I view the Intel 750 drive, doesn't look like there is a cable there either. Anyone know?

opentoe

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2004
Thanks. I did see the cable in the picture.

Is there a benefit of using this type of SSD then the PCI-E counterpart? They are both almost same price. I would imagine the PCI-E model is more popular because you can install it in more computers. The SAS drive 2.5 model can only be used if your mainboard has the adapter. Is there a benefit either way?

Thanks for responding quickly.

If you just want to have the newest tech or one of the fastest SSD available right now then you probably want this. This product markets mainly to enthusiasts and to create a path to allow more nvme products for the consumer market. For an average user, this is overkill. A standard SATA drive such as the 850 EVO is enough.
The requirement for this product is to have the correct motherboard to use either the pcie drive or the 2.5 drive and a nvme compatible BIOS. There is a list of compatible motherboard that can use the 2.5 drive. The ASUS X99 Deluxe is one of the motherboards.