[SOLVED] Asus Hyper M.2 x16 drives showing up in BIOS but not Disk Management or Device Manager

Apr 3, 2021
So today I just finally Upgraded to a new graphics card. It ended up not fitting, so I had to disassemble it and reassemble it in a new, larger, PC case. The ONLY part that changed was the graphics card. However, now that I put everything back together the two NvMe harddrives I had installed in the Asus Hyper m.2 are not longer showing up in Disk Management or Device Manager. Pc specs are

ASUS Z490-E Gaming motherboard
MSI RTX 3080 gaming x Trio
I9-10850k
Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz x4
Corsair 850w PSU
Asus Hyper M.2 x16 gen 4

Installed on the Motherboard I have

1x 1tb Samsung Evo 970 Plus
1x 2tb Samsung Evo 970 Plus

installed on the Asus Hyper M.2 i have another two 1TB Samsung Evo 970 plus

So, before the rebuild, everything worked fine. All i had to do when installed the Hyper M.2 was Enable it in the BIOS and it was fine. Now, however, that didnt seem to work. The extra NvMe drive on the Hyper shows up in BIOS, but not in Device Manager or Disk management and I cannot figure out why. I have 3 PCIE slots, so i swapped it between the bottom two and nothing happens. Any help would be incredibly appreciated!!

Solution
a lot of times the extra M.2 slots need to be enabled in the BIOS before being detected properly.
possible the BIOS was reset during the conversion?

in the Advanced tab their should be Device Management(or something similar) where you can enable multiple slots. check and make sure it wasn't reset to default of 1 slot available.
a lot of times the extra M.2 slots need to be enabled in the BIOS before being detected properly.
possible the BIOS was reset during the conversion?

in the Advanced tab their should be Device Management(or something similar) where you can enable multiple slots. check and make sure it wasn't reset to default of 1 slot available.

Solution