ASUS Impact VII Memory Q-code error 55 (I've tried everything!)

TreesOnTheBeach

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2014
Hello everyone.

I put together a PC (first time in 20+ years) a few months ago and everything went smooth except that I'm getting this q-code error. I can fill channel B with either memory stick, and I get 8 GB of functional RAM. When I put any chip in channel A, I get the Q-code 55, which is "Memory not installed" and the system won't boot. I have tried this with two different sets of memory chips (different manufacturers), both behave exactly the same way.

Here's the really weird part... I have taken the system apart 3 times, tried different memory, and even a replacement Impact VII board, and get the same results each time! How can I get the same result with different memory AND a different motherboard??

I have breadboarded it with only essential components, and still get the q-code 55.

I'm boggled. Hope someone out there familiar with this issue can give me some advice. I'd really appreciate it.

TreesOnTheBeach

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2014
When no chip I used worked in channel A, but they both worked in channel B, I assumed channel A was just not working. But when I received the replacement motherboard, it acts exactly the same way. I really don't know where to go with troubleshooting. Hope you guys have an idea or two. Thanks again for responding.

TreesOnTheBeach

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2014

Thanks, alexoiu. I have not tried with the stock cooler. I will give that s shot next, then double-check the PINs on the CPU. Man, this is crazy.

Alefutura70

Reputable
Sep 16, 2015
Sorry my English is not good !!! I write from Argentina !!! I have the same problem with my error 55 pc. The pc is new, with all new components, only 3 months of use. I have an i7 4790k + asus maximus ranger VII + Cooler Master Hyper 612 pmw + 2x8 GSkill 2400. ram. I have seen that several have had the same problem with Asus failed 55 mothers (ranger, hero, impact) so I think the problem comes from there. Thou shalt have solved? As you do that? Any help is appreciated !!! Cheers!!!