Asus Inches Closer to OLED With 1,200-Nit, Mini-LED Monitor

Pedasc

Reputable
Mar 12, 2014
I was looking into a new television and OLED has come down nicely in price but apparently it still has a problem with permanent burn-in. If so this may be a much better solution for a computer monitor anyway. Apparently microLED solves this but is only going to be available in large expensive displays for a while.

ThisIsMe

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
Yeah OLED still has huge issues with burn-in. Also it cannot nearly reach the brightness levels of LED alternatives, even if blacks are much clearer it doesn't do you much good if you need to have an almost dark room to make use of the extended contrast ratios of OLED displays. And these are the two main reasons why Plasma suddenly disappeared years ago, even though it's probably one of the best display technologies so far when it comes to motion and image smoothing. Too bad it's been all but abandoned. Could probably have much cooler, lighter and more power friendly devices by now.

robertelia

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
I have the 2016 65 oled and I have zero burn it. and even if it appears it disappears immediately. they blow things off proportion just like they did with plasma. which is still the king. specially pioneer kuro. as for led and lcd they are good cheap alternative. still shitty viewing angle and God forbid you have a dark room a disaster.

Vaping_Gamer

Honorable
Jun 1, 2013
Im 100% behind @robertelia, been using G OLED C6P as my PC Monitor for 3 years and it doesnt have any "huge issues with burn-in", the burn in is Samsung anti-OLED propaganda repeated by ignorant and jealous people [people that cant afford one]

mlee 2500

Honorable
Oct 20, 2014
Yeah I really want to get an OLED, but both my living rooms get ALLOT of natural light and I'm concerned an OLED screen won't be bright enough during the day.