Question Asus k501uw-ib74 not posting

Jan 12, 2019
Our robotics team had used this laptop as a drive station and to keep it on the actual drive station we used velcro, but too much. What would happen is people would take it off and on but they would bend the entire thing when the did. I knew it was horrible for it but it was too late. Now it doesn’t post at all but the power and airplane LEDs blink which I thought was a code or something but after opening it up I saw the fan try to spin up but don’t even move an inch. They do stop at the same time as the lights turn off. I suspect that it’s a crack some ware but could not find anything at all. My question is if there is any way to fix this without buying a whole new motherboard. I’ve heard of people putting PCBs in ovens and had resaults but I don’t know how.

Thank you,

Jan 12, 2019
Our robotics team had used this laptop as a drive station and to keep it on the actual drive station we used velcro, but too much. What would happen is people would take it off and on but they would bend the entire thing when the did. I knew it was horrible for it but it was too late. Now it doesn’t post at all but the power and airplane LEDs blink which I thought was a code or something but after opening it up I saw the fan try to spin up but don’t even move an inch. They do stop at the same time as the lights turn off. I suspect that it’s a crack some ware but could not find anything at all. My question is if there is any way to fix this without buying a whole new motherboard. I’ve heard of people putting PCBs in ovens and had results but I don’t know how.

Thank you,

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS