Question Asus K50IJ webcam issue (windows 10)

Aerinqq

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
Hi everyone,
so a friend of mine was having an issue with his webcam that was upside down in skype and asked me for help. I stumbled upon this article https://windowsreport.com/skype-upside-down-camera/. We first tried to manually download and reinstall the driver, which sadly didn’t help. After that we tried the registry tweak (set value from 0 to 1 in DWORD FLIP). After this however the windows no longer recognizes the webcam. In skype it says camera not found and it completely disappeared from device manager. I tried to revert the change back to 0 value, restore original registry (made backup beforehand), reinstall the driver again and even set default values in BIOS, but sadly to no avail. Could anyone help me out?
Laptop is ASUS K50IJ and is running Windows 10 64bit
thanks in advance

Aerinqq

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
Which BIOS version are you currently on for your laptop? Which version of Windows is the laptop running on?
I am not sure which BIOS version it is, but it probably hasnt been updated in many years (the laptop itself is like 10 years old). Its a laptop of my mother’s boyfriend, I currently dont have access to it, so I cant say which BIOS version it is. As for windows version, I stated its Win 10 64 bit.