[SOLVED] ASUS K52F RAM

Sammm_5405

Commendable
Feb 4, 2020
I have ASUS K52F that is very slow with win10 on it; i am planning to upgrade it from 1x2gb ram to 2x 2gb ram or 1x2gb + 1x 4gb ram
which one should i buy? a 2gb or 4gb ram
also will i need to update my bios after i do so?

Solution
To all who want my experience - i bought a 4gb ram ; currently my laptop has 1x2gb and 1x4gb ram. It works fine; in my opinion even betther than what 2x2gb might have been.

tldr - 6gb ram is working pretty fine in my case
I have ASUS K52F that is very slow with win10 on it; i am planning to upgrade it from 1x2gb ram to 2x 2gb ram or 1x2gb + 1x 4gb ram
which one should i buy? a 2gb or 4gb ram
also will i need to update my bios after i do so?
Why would you not just get 8GB in 2x4GB? 1x2GB and 1x4GB will leave you at single channel mode but 2x2 or 2x4 will enable dual channel mode which will make your system much faster on boot up and program loads with slow memory. Unless your new and used markets are expensive, it should be a reasonably cheap upgrade. If you do upgrade to more than 4GB you will need 64bit Windows 10 or the memory will just be unused past 4GB.

Sammm_5405

Commendable
Feb 4, 2020
Why would you not just get 8GB in 2x4GB? 1x2GB and 1x4GB will leave you at single channel mode but 2x2 or 2x4 will enable dual channel mode which will make your system much faster on boot up and program loads with slow memory. Unless your new and used markets are expensive, it should be a reasonably cheap upgrade. If you do upgrade to more than 4GB you will need 64bit Windows 10 or the memory will just be unused past 4GB.
I would do a 2x 4gb upgrade but im apparently a 15 year old and my mom wont fund me for a 2x 4gb upgrade
also i have a 64 bit windows already;
so i guess i have to buy a new 2gb or 4gb
i mostly use my laptop for light gaming like COD or Hitman
i want 6gb (the more, the merrier) but i dont wanna waste bucks and i want only whats advisable

I would do a 2x 4gb upgrade but im apparently a 15 year old and my mom wont fund me for a 2x 4gb upgrade
also i have a 64 bit windows already;
so i guess i have to buy a new 2gb or 4gb
i mostly use my laptop for light gaming like COD or Hitman
i want 6gb (the more, the merrier) but i dont wanna waste bucks and i want only whats advisable
Honestly, I wouldn't put 6GB in the laptop. It will be just as slow as before and you will need to install 64bit Windows or Linux to even use 6GB. 2x2GB will be faster, because you are enabling dual channel mode, so stick to 2x2GB. You should really just save toward something new or buy a cheap used system with double the specs and double the speed.

Sammm_5405

Commendable
Feb 4, 2020
Honestly, I wouldn't put 6GB in the laptop. It will be just as slow as before and you will need to install 64bit Windows or Linux to even use 6GB. 2x2GB will be faster, because you are enabling dual channel mode, so stick to 2x2GB. You should really just save toward something new or buy a cheap used system with double the specs and double the speed.
Thanks!

Sammm_5405

Commendable
Feb 4, 2020
To all who want my experience - i bought a 4gb ram ; currently my laptop has 1x2gb and 1x4gb ram. It works fine; in my opinion even betther than what 2x2gb might have been.

tldr - 6gb ram is working pretty fine in my case

Solution