Asus K52J dead

trojsi

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012
Hi,
today I went to turn on my laptop but did not turn on. Noting; no LED indicators, no noises no effect. Checked power supply and voltage is perfect. Tried without the battery but noting. I dismantled it and checked the supply input junctions to check for any loose connections but the 19V were present.

The 'power board' is separate : http://i00.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/436/748/410/410748436_795.jpg

I checked the connector pin headers that connect to the mother board and i found 6 pins that are ground, 6 pins directly linked to the 19V input, 1 pin showing 3V connected to the small battery and some other two pins with 0.7V each. The other 12 pins had no voltage (seems high impedance). I tried pressing the tact pin but there wasn't much difference - only one of the small voltages disappeared on the on position. No voltages found on usb pins.

Do these voltages reflect a fault in this board or is there any other troubleshooting I have to do to confirm?

thanks

You need to test the power supply under a load to make sure it is really working properly.

As far as the power board, I would not expect power to the USB ports unless the laptop was on, so there is likley a soft power switch in that board.

trojsi

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012

Powwr supply is oki as I tried it with another laptop. It seems the motherboard is damaged since the DC board has no chips related to power.

The delta chip is just a discreet lan filter.

Where is it best to buy another mobo online?

TRENDING THREADS