ASUS laptop, charger/battery problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tynan

Reputable
Aug 3, 2015
Hi guys,

My ASUS k450JF recently encountered some problems. When plugged in, the battery occasionally alternates between battery mode and charging mode (the orange light goes on and off, the power options on the taskbar keep alternating between charging and battery). This was a two-year old laptop, running on 8.1 (updated from 8). I tried switching sockets and even bought another charger but the problem persisted.

I called in ASUS and sent the laptop for repair and it came back a month later. The repair team claimed to have ordered a replacement battery and resolved the issue. However, within hours of using it, the problem came back. Again, I tried switching chargers and sockets to no avail. Added note: I recently did a clean install of Windows 10, hoping a fresh start will help (it didn't).

I fired off a few e-mails to ASUS but their customer service is predictably horrendous. I was wondering if anyone can offer any solutions to solve this problem. My laptop is charging sporadically and the light is flickering as I type this. The ASUS k450JF uses an internal battery, was bought in Singapore on Sep 2013.

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN4AW60bOrQ&feature=youtu.be"]
Thanks![/video]

Solution
Remove the battery, plug in the charger.

Replace the battery and the charge light should come on.

Leave it to charge right up then turn it on.

It is a good idea to clean the charge socket with a toothbrush first.

This should force the charger to charge the battery fully.

Remove the battery, plug in the charger.

Replace the battery and the charge light should come on.

Leave it to charge right up then turn it on.

It is a good idea to clean the charge socket with a toothbrush first.

This should force the charger to charge the battery fully.

Solution

Tynan

Reputable
Aug 3, 2015

Hey thanks for the reply. The battery is internal and not detachable. I am not too good with laptops and I do not wish to risk unscrewing it to remove the battery. Besides, asus already claimed to replace the battery for me and it might not be the battery's fault

Status
Not open for further replies.