Question Asus Laptop CPU Fan PWM Wire Removal Confusion

Apr 9, 2021
Hello people !
To cut the story short, im using the Asus A17 TUF GAMING laptop with the 4800h Ryzen 7 CPU which is really powerful as you all might know. Overheating while boost is on is really common for this config and the real problem is you can't manually control the fan's speed with any software...
So i want to remove the PWM wire on my CPU fan so the fan will always spin at 100% thus reducing my temps under heavy load for extended periods of time.
BUT... i'm not sure which wire/color is the PWM on these Asus standard fan wires ...
Here's a picture of the same color scheme (its not the same fan but the color scheme is all we need right?) It goes like this 1st pin - RED 2nd - Blue 3rd - BLACK and 4th YELLOW New-laptop-cpu-cooling-fan-for-ASUS-K46C-K46-K46SL-K46CM-K46CB-S46C-S46-A46-E46.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp (1000×750) (alicdn.com) I am pretty sure i shouldn't touch the YELLOW and BLACK !
I will appreciate anyone that knows exactly which one to remove <3 !
Regards

if they follow the standard pinning then it should be the red wire. If you can i wold just de-pin it and with the laptop still open turn the computer on to make sure the fan still works.

there should be a 12v+, 0v, sense, and control. you want to remove the control wire, sense will give you rpm speed of the fan.

Reactions: Euphoria1337
Apr 9, 2021
if they follow the standard pinning then it should be the red wire. If you can i wold just de-pin it and with the laptop still open turn the computer on to make sure the fan still works.

Thats what im worried about, i don't think they follow the standard pinning since i didn't find anything on the internet/forums in terms of the red wire being the PWM ...
People always say its the blue or green wire and i dont even have a green one to begin with also the header is so small i can't detach the wire and the only option is to cut it and if the RED one is 12v+ or 0v the fan won't function.