Asus laptop goes into bios whenever I start the laptop and then goes to windows

aa1991aa

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2015
Asus N550JK goes directly into bios and when I 'save and exit' then goes into windows ! Why everytime laptop goes into bios ?
I just installed a new ssd on this laptop , installed new windows and updated bios from Asus website .

That's usually a sign that the CMOS battery is low and needs to be replaced. Does it actually remember the date and any changes you make to the CMOS? Or is it all lost and needs to be set again whenever you power up the laptop?

Usually the battery lasts 7-10 years, and this appears to be a 3 year old laptop. But there are a lot of fakes being sold (used batteries which have been partially recharged). So it's not inconceivable for one to die this quickly. It looks like the CMOS battery is wrapped in black tape with a red and black wire going to it, located just above the RAM sockets in the picture in Step 3 at this link:

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/ASUS+N550JK-DS71T+Laptop+Battery+Replacement/104146

aa1991aa

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2015
Thanks for the reply . I never had any issue before , this whole thing started after I replaced the HDD with Intel 535 series SSD and updated the bios and drivers . I don't have any problem with date and time , everything is working fine , my guess is either the SSD is not connected properly or updating the bios caused it !?

You have the right idea. If a setting in the BIOS doesn't match what the computer is seeing from the hardware, it will automatically boot into the BIOS to give you a chance to correct it. Could be a loose SATA connector.

If the problem began after updating the BIOS, you may want to try:

• ■Using the BIOS option to reset everything to default settings. Sometimes a BIOS update rearranges some variables, and old settings saved in NVRAM translate over into nonsense or erroneous settings in the new BIOS. A reset clears these. Drawback being that you'll have to go through everything and manually update all the settings.
    ■Reverting back to the previous BIOS version you had. It's always possible they introduced a new bug with the new BIOS.

aa1991aa

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2015
Hmmm that's weired , I revert back the Bios but still the problem exist !
Could it be the SSD (Intel 535 series 480gb) issue ? even though I downloaded the "Intel SSD toolbox" and ran a full diagnostic and there was nothing wrong with it.
I also opened the laptop and checked every connection was secured...
The SSD has also the latest firmware.