[SOLVED] Asus laptop stuck at boot up splash screen, can't get to bios either.

MeGusta

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2013
Hello, my laptop froze and I did a hard reset.
But after boot up it is now always stuck at the boot up splash screen and can't even access bios.
Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
Yes, actually it boots up this way. I remove the ssd I added - (Adata 8200 pro), and it always continues to boot up. Then I turn it off again to reseat the Adata 8200 so I can have it back on windows.

It happens randomly, the freezing - stuck boot up issue, so I don't know what triggers it either.
The issue may be your SSD. When buying SSDs, use reputable brands, such as Samsung, Micron (Crucial), Hynix, etc... Also make sure the SSD your buying is compatible with your BIOS or motherboard.

MeGusta

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2013
Maybe there is a slight compatibility issue between the BIOS and your SSD. Try removing it and see if it starts up.
Yes, actually it boots up this way. I remove the ssd I added - (Adata 8200 pro), and it always continues to boot up. Then I turn it off again to reseat the Adata 8200 so I can have it back on windows.

It happens randomly, the freezing - stuck boot up issue, so I don't know what triggers it either.

James Eckmeder

Prominent
Oct 23, 2020

The issue may be your SSD. When buying SSDs, use reputable brands, such as Samsung, Micron (Crucial), Hynix, etc... Also make sure the SSD your buying is compatible with your BIOS or motherboard.

Solution

MeGusta

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2013
I was definitely leaning to that resolution as well. I was looking for ssds, but the budget was really tight, Samsungs don't really come cheap. I was left with this options - Kingston a2000/ Crucial P2/ WD SN550, which one one will you recommend? Thanks again for the help.

James Eckmeder

Prominent
Oct 23, 2020
I was definitely leaning to that resolution as well. I was looking for ssds, but the budget was really tight, Samsungs don't really come cheap. I was left with this options - Kingston a2000/ Crucial P2/ WD SN550, which one one will you recommend? Thanks again for the help.
I would recommend the Kingston WD SN550. Make sure it's compatible with your motherboard first. Glad to help!