Question ASUS laptop with multiple issues (audio drops/delay, stutters and pauses)--please help!

Mar 14, 2018
(Second time doing this... here's hoping it'll go better than before.)

About a year ago, I was ill-fortunate to purchase an ASUS FX503VM laptop.

SPECS:
  • Intel Core i7-7700HQ Quad-Core 2.8GHz
  • Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 3GB
  • 128GB M.2 SSD
  • 1TB HDD
  • 16GB DDR4 RAM
  • Windows 10 Home

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076KVCSRN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The laptop seemed to be a good deal at the time, going at a relatively decent price (around $900), and getting decent reviews. However, I've been riddled with nothing but issues since day one ranging from audio pops (which I managed to fix through a bunch of trial and error), occasional audio drop-out/delay when playing a game off the HDD (likely due to the game streaming data off of the hard drive), occasional stutter and lockups when surfing the web (though, of my own admission, I DO tend to have a lot of tabs open--I'm... a bit of a tab maniac. XD), and, of course, the dreaded stutter and random pausing when playing a game that, otherwise, plays at 60fps.

At first I thought it was my hard drive, as when I moved some games over to the built-in SSD, my gaming problems were fixed, so I brought a new HDD to replace the one that came with the laptop, and it worked... for a few weeks to a month, then it was back to stuttertown for me.

And now, I think it's getting worse, as audio dropouts and delays are getting worse for games that I have installed to the HDD and even games that I've installed to the SSD are occasionally stuttering.

The kicker for me is that my previous laptop, the ASUS G751JT, didn't suffer from any of these problems, despite running on inferior hardware (in comparison to this laptop, at least).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NVV2B98?ie=UTF8&at=&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links

I guess what I'm trying to ask is, is there anything I can do to fix any of these issues? And if not, what laptop would you recommend I purchase over this? At this point, I've damn-near tried everything and I'm at my wit's end, I'm about ready to sell this laptop. Asus won't be getting any money out of me after this, I assure you.

Anyway, any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Feb 27, 2019
Hey! I have the same exact problem. Audio dropouts and stutters in games. I have a ROG Strix GL504GM-ES052T.
SPECS:
  • Intel Core i7-7850H @ 2.20 GHz
  • Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
  • 128GB SSD
  • 1TB HDD
  • 16GB DDR4 RAM
  • Windows 10
Have you figured out a way to fix your problem? If so, please tell me what you did. Thank you!

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
If you have a lot of pages open it sucks ram, then your antivirus is probably checking things in backround on the pages which sucks even more ram, and if any ad or video runs on the pages it really sucks a lot more ram and taxes gpu and cpu. Then throw gaming in that mix and you will get degraded performance. So set power setting in windows to high performance, keep windows to bare minimum, or closed if you are gaming, use Wise registry cleaner to clean up junk files in your registry, use cc cleaner to clean up junk files on your drive. Go to device manager and update drivers as needed line by line. You can download Msi afterburner and overclock your gpu.