Asus Laptop won't turn on or charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael_86

Reputable
Aug 26, 2015
Hi, having problems with my Asus notebook. It turned off in the middle of an email, and will now not turn back on or charge for that matter. Doing the reset that many suggested did not work.. I tried a few times last night, with longer and longer holds of the bower button while unplugged and no battery. Nothing has worked. Tried again this morning same issues persist. When plugged in the AC adapter on the actual battery pack is lit green, but the computer has zero indicators of life - no lights on when plugged in. Not making any sounds. I tried a few different methods of discharging the 'electric shock'. All for not so far. Help would be immensely appreciated!

mudpuppet

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
At this point, you may be looking at a dead battery. I've worked on a few where the laptop had to be plugged in with the battery to get it to turn on, but the moment it was unplugged, the system would shut down. Batteries generally run from $50-100 depending on make and model. Sometimes the battery is covered under a warranty or extended warranty, so make sure to look into that as well. ((places like OfficeMax or best buy sometimes offer a warranty that covers a free battery replacement, at the time of purchase))

Another option would be to take it in to a local shop for further diagnosing. If they say the same thing, then you know what you're looking atm. That could run you between free and $50, so ask around if you need to before taking it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.