News Asus' Latest AIO Has a Screen Big Enough For Movies

TechLurker

Reputable
Feb 6, 2020
I want to know if it still retains the VRM fan, and if it performs better or equal to the Artic Liquid Freezer AIO (which IIRC, took top spot in GN's occasional cooler reviews).

On the other end of things, with more individuals putting LCD screens into their PC builds for temp monitoring or some extra pizzazz beyond "mere" RGB strips, this would suit those people quite well. That is, assuming the LCD screen can actually be used as more than just a gif/photo/temperature display.

Reactions: Matt_ogu812

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Asus' hybrid coolers so far:
-Same old Asetek coolers on all of them; nothing special about their performance
-A couple models have Noctua fans; while nice, it does add to the cost
-A couple models have a VRM fan, which adds another point of failure, as well as being a gimmick; if one is at the point where that fan is actually keeping the VRMs from throttling, then they've got bigger problems.
-ROG tax

Their 120mm are priced more than most 240mm are, and the 240mm are rivaling, or more expensive than the cost of 360mm models. WTH.
This is just to milk the ROG fanboys/fangirls even more... the 'price' for their loyalty.

Reactions: Matt_ogu812

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Pimp My PC and Pimp My Rig are both a thing so I guess Asus is on to something with this product...?

I'm still going to judge people who buy this product. You do what you want with your money, but I'm going to stare and judge and think things about you...yes...you...who puts little screens inside their case. I'm judging. 😐