Asus Launching Ion 2 Eee PC in April

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatcrazyguy

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
Hopefully the ION 2 actually improves performance or reduces the cost of computers running ION gpus and is not a renamed ION 1 since mobile gpus seem to be plagued by naming inflation these days. I will be sure to keep my eyes on the benchmarks and details toms announces in the coming days.

roldy

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
ARM cpu? Is it going to be stuck with windows mobile/CE? Did they get a license from intel to run x86 OS's? If not, no desktop windows option, a step back IMO.

AMD netbooks, now that I'm interested in (even if only to see). Something i may have been interested in buying if I didn't get my acer aspire last year. A little late for me, this little guy will last me quite a while, its all i need when away from my desktop. But the more variety in this space the better (another opinion).

@homrqt: smell ya later! one nelson quote deserves another

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
If the ARM can't run x86, than it does not fulfill the needs of the netbook demographic. The allure of the netbook is it's ability to run basic x86 applications that people already have and are accustomed to in an inexpensive platform. It saves money and adds flexibility with portability that fits a different place in the market than a laptop and a smartphone.

zelog

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
There are over 25000 apps for the ARM iPhone OS. Why do netbooks need to run an x86 OS? Just wait 'til Apple releases their tablet, things will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.